NPD Project Manager
- Posted: 10 December 2019
- Salary: competitive
- Location: London
- Positions type: Full Time
From the very best in creative colour and makeup to ground breaking innovation in nail art, polish and treatments, Ciaté London is the home of Beauty Unexpected. Ciaté London is the go-to brand for trend updates, bringing a unique and fresh perspective to the beauty industry. By presenting an array of standout formulations, Ciaté London inspires and entertains, encouraging you to play and experiment with colour. Ciaté London began its roots in nail and quickly became a modern success story with their iconic Caviar Manicure in 2012. An internet sensation, Caviar Manicure has achieved 900,000 hits on Google and over 1.4m views on YouTube. Since then, the brand has expanded its innovation into colour cosmetics, offering beauty-lovers an all-encompassing collection of vibrant, high-performance products. From the cult Dewy Stix and Wonderwand mascara to the world first transforming liquid lipstick, Glitter Flip, Ciaté London’s launches send beauty lovers into a frenzy.
This role within the pivotal Product Development department will be responsible for full CPA management of NPD launches from concept through to production completion. Industry research, sales analysis, supplier briefing, ingredient sourcing, CPA management, costings, product testing briefing and presenting to the team will be classed as the key responsibilities day to day. The ideal candidate will be experienced in project managing a large number of developments at any one time. At least 4 years' previous experience in product development within the beauty industry is required.
• Develop and manage a 2 year NPD calendar and product life cycle across all categories.
• Be up to date on latest and future trends in order to deliver exceptional and commercial products ensuring each launch delivers to required margin.
• Work to achieve required budgets/revenue targets per launch/per brand with required margins.
• Oversee and/or Project Manage the entire life cycle of the full-service product/project from brief to completion.
• Work closely with the Sales team to ensure all projects and proposed launches meet the requirements of each territory/customer,
• Ensure all product packaging is suitable for retail channels and environments whilst ensuring long term quality and efficiency of both pack and formulation compatibility.
• Responsible for ensuring on time delivery of the product within the agreed specification and cost.
• Budget Management, responsible for reviewing GM%. Carrying out cost analysis on each project prior to initiation.
• Liaise with all the relevant stake holders internally and externally to ensure cost feasibility on each project is positive.
• Create and manage the planning process / CPA for each project, issuing key dates and CPA’s to each stake holder to ensure a clear delivery plan.
• Build and maintain a good relationship with suppliers and all external partners.
• Research and recommend new manufacturing partners to deliver the best, most innovative packaging, formulations and technologies.
• Develop each product reviewing the products positioning in the market in order to follow brand guidelines and consumer needs.
• Brief Design department on primary & secondary packaging artwork content. Manage and approve content for artwork alongside Technical Product Manager.
• Management of all Technical & Regulatory elements to ensure the brands maintain global compliancy whist ensuring commerciality is met.
• Excellent skills in excel, powerpoint and all microsoft packages
• Expert negotiator
• Able to spot trends and innovation
• Strong ideation skills
• Can do attitude