This year close to 700 beauty industry insiders cast their votes in the 2013 CEW Beauty Awards to find the products which they think will excite consumers in 2013. Over 300 products in 25 categories competed for the awards and the winners were presented with CEW's exquisite Lalique ""Beauty Oscar"" at the dazzling Awards Ceremony held on Friday 26th April at the InterContinental London Park Lane.
This year, 2013 CEW Beauty Awards Winners reveal the latest in product trends – with highlights as follows:
- Eco continues to grow in importance. This is the second year the Eco Beauty Award has been in place, sponsored by Givaudan and adjudicated by an independent panel of experts. The sustainable beauty products entered had to meet extensive eco-credentials criteria within all sectors of their business. Despite fierce competition the brand chosen was Melvita - Rose Nectar Range. The judges particularly noted Melvita’s uniquely comprehensive approach to sustainability integrated into their whole business including their relations with employees, involvement with organisations for the disabled, production processes, selection of product packaging and programmes to encourage recycling.
- Oil based products have never been more popular. Neal's Yard Remedies - Rejuvenating Frankincense Facial Oil was awarded Best New Certified Organic Skincare Product (Mass or Prestige). Caudalie - Divine Oil won Best New Bath and Body Product (Prestige), Bio-Oil picked up the award for Best Classic Beauty Product (Mass) and Dr.Organic - Virgin Coconut Oil Monoi Moisture Melt Body Oil won Best New Bath and Body Product (Mass).
- British beauty brands continue to soar in popularity – many were recognised and excelled at the Awards. Most notablyBalance Mepicked up the Best British Brand Award (Mass or Prestige) in addition to Best New Hand, Foot and Nail Care Product (Mass or Prestige) for the Balance Me - Rose Otto Hand Cream. Furthermore, Dr Nick Lowe - The Secret Is Out Lift & Repair Night Cream won Best New Everyday Facial Skincare Product (Mass); Manuka Doctor was awarded Best New Brand (Mass) and Percy & Reed won Best New Brand (Prestige).
Other CEW Award highlights include:
- A stylish collection of prestige fragrances entered this year’s Awards; Elie Saab - Elie Saab Le Parfum Eau de Toilette was the triumphant winner in the Best New Women’s Fragrance category, while Beckham - The Essence won the Best New Celebrity Fragrance (Mass or Prestige).
- Skincare brand Liz Earle Beauty Co. was victorious boasting two prestige award wins including Best Classic Beauty Product for Liz Earle Beauty Co. - Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanserin addition toBest New Makeup Product for Face for Liz Earle Beauty Co. - Sheer Skin Tint.
- Premium makeup brand Estée Lauder stole the makeup limelight for 2013 winning Best New Everyday Facial Skincare Product (Prestige) with Estée Lauder Daywear B.B. Anti-Oxidant Beauty Benefit Crème while Benefit Cosmetics - they're Real! took home the Best New MakeUp Product for Eyes or Lips (Prestige).
- In the Mass makeup category Bourjois yet againpicked up Best New Makeup Product for Eyes or Lips with Bourjois - Queen Attitude Khol Kajaland Max Factor was awarded Best New Makeup Product for Face – (Mass)for Max Factor All Day Flawless 3 in 1 Foundation.
CEW President, Caroline Neville, said: “I’m delighted that our Awards continue to recognise innovation and creativity in the beauty industry. It is our duty to especially recognise and celebrate beauty brands that have moved towards the goal of improved sustainability to offset environmental impact. The Eco Award is the perfect platform for this. Winning a CEW Award is a powerful launch pad for new brands in the UK beauty market and gives much deserved recognition to cult beauty classics. CEW works hard to add value to all their sponsors activities and sponsors repeatedly return each year. The Beauty Awards are now in their 8th year and are growing. This Award is a win win situation for brands and the beauty industry overall.”
Simon Comins, Superdrug Buying Director said: “This is our third year sponsoring the awards and yet again they show that at times of economic turmoil the British beauty industry really is going strong offering innovation, excellence and excitement.”
*Subject to availability