CEW(UK) Eco Beauty Award
THE CEW(UK) ECO BEAUTY AWARD 2014
The Cosmetic Executive
Women (UK) Eco Beauty Award recognises a beauty product or product line that has most significantly moved towards the goal of improved sustainability.
The Award aims to encourage steps towards greater sustainability within the beauty industry. Eligible beauty products or product lines must have been introduced within the past 3 years, and be currently available at retail within the United Kingdom.
The criteria for this award are based upon the following science-based sustainability principles1 which are promoted by The Natural Step. The CEW(UK) Eco Beauty Award supports products that are seeking to reduce and ultimately aim to eliminate their contribution to each problem and by doing so become more sustainable.
To become more sustainable the following principles must be embraced:
Principle 1 - Less use of materials extracted from the earth's crust.
Principle 2 - Less accumulation of man-made substances.
Principle 3 - Less physical degradation of nature.
Principle 4 - More consideration for people's needs and rights.
The Natural Step is an international non
profit organisation dedicated to
sustainable development. The Natural
Step helps businesses integrate
sustainability principles into core strategies and operations to deliver bottom line benefits.
- Take the next step toward sustainability with The Natural Step’s award winning one-hour sustainability e-learning program, by clicking here.
- To learn how The Natural Step supports businesses with corporate sustainability and to read case studies please click here.
1The Natural Step system conditions are published in peer reviewed journals. To learn more about these principles click here or for a full explanation of the associated Framework for Strategic Sustainable Development click here.
CEW(UK) Eco Beauty Award Criteria
- Eligible beauty products or product lines must have been introduced no earlier than 31st December 2010, and be currently available at retail in the UK.
- Initiatives must be product or product line-specific, rather than corporate initiatives.
- Please ensure that all submissions are in total, less than 1,000 words.
- The finalists and winner will be determined by an independent committee of expert judges. The panel will include a representative from Givaudan and The Natural Step.
- The finalists will be announced on the week commencing Monday 24th March 2014.
- The winner will be announced at the CEW(UK) 2014 Beauty Awards Winners' Announcement Lunch on 2nd May 2014. All finalists must have a representative attend the lunch.
Product Demonstration Evening:
- Givaudan will promote the CEW(UK) Eco Award and all 2014 entries at the Product Demonstration Evening on 25th February 2014. Entrants will not be required to demonstrate their own product, but instead will be required to provide 30 full sized or luxury samples for display at the event, and for the panel of judges to test.
Cost to Enter Product: £140.00 +VAT.
Closing Date for Entries: Monday 2nd December 2013
If you are not a member and wish to enter products, please join first online at www.cewuk.co.uk/join.cfm.
For further details about the CEW(UK) Eco Beauty Award and for an application form please contact Allie on firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 020 7940 2900