CEW (UK) Beauty Awards 2013 Categories & Guidelines
CEW (UK) Beauty Awards 2013 Categories & Guidelines
CATEGORIES, SUBMISSION CRITERIA & GUIDELINES.
The CEW (UK) Beauty Awards are open to CEW(UK) members only. If you are not a member and wish to enter products, please join first online at www.cewuk.co.uk.
Products can ONLY be entered online at www.cewuk.co.uk.
THE CEW (UK) BEAUTY AWARDS 2013
In 2013 there are 24 categories to choose from, as listed below, plus the CEW(UK) Eco Award, launched last year and sponsored by Entry is now closed.
1) Best New Bath and Body Product –Mass
2) Best New Haircare/Styling/Colouring Product – Mass
3) Best New Everyday Facial Skincare Product – Mass
4) Best New Skincare Treatment Product – Mass
5) Best New Makeup Product – Face - Mass
6) Best New Makeup Product – Eyes or Lips - Mass
7) Best Classic Beauty Product (At least 5 years old) – Mass
8) Best New Brand – Mass (Brand launched in the UK no more than 3 years ago)
9) Best New Bath and Body Product - Prestige
10) Best New Haircare/Styling/Colouring Product –Prestige
11) Best New Everyday Facial Skincare Product - Prestige
12) Best New Skincare Treatment Product – Prestige
13) Best New Makeup Product – Face - Prestige
14) Best New Makeup Product – Eyes or Lips - Prestige
15) Best Classic Beauty Product (At least 5 years old) – Prestige
16) Best New Women’s Fragrance - Prestige
17) Best New Men’s Fragrance - Prestige
18) Best New Brand – Prestige (Brand launched in the UK no more than 3 years ago)
Mass or Prestige Categories:
19) Best New Men’s Grooming Product – Mass or Prestige
20) Best New Certified Organic Skincare Product – Mass or Prestige (Proof of Certification to be provided)
21) Best New Self Tan or Sun Care Product – Mass or Prestige
22) Best New Hand, Foot and Nail Care Product – Mass or Prestige
23) Best British Brand – Mass or Prestige (Brand founded & headquartered in the UK)
24) Best New Celebrity Fragrance – Mass or Prestige
AWARD SUBMISSION AND CRITERIA:
• Have a primary benefit for use as a beauty product
• Be available at retail in the UK by February 2013
• You must be a CEW (UK) member to enter a product
• A brand may enter one product per category. Multiple entries from the same brand in the same category will not be accepted.
• Collections cannot be submitted as one entry unless entered within the “Best Brand” category.
• Any award category with fewer than five entries will be dropped from the 2013 Awards. All applicable entry
fees will be returned. Entries dropped/withdrawn after the voting begins will not affect the viability of the category.
NOT accepted in the 2013 CEW(UK) Beauty Awards:
• Re-packaging of existing products
• Gift Sets
• Shade enhancements or additions for existing products
• New sizes for existing products
• Hairstyling tools
• Makeup brushes and tools (e.g. tweezers, nail files)
• Electrical tools (e.g. epilators and electronic beauty aids)
• Oral care products
• Personal Hygiene Products (e.g. razors)
• Oral supplements
• Limited edition products
Each entry will be reviewed by NPD research against these criteria to ensure that they are included within the correct classification of category.
New Product: For a product to qualify as ‘New’ it must be less than three years old. ie. It must have been launched after 31st December 2009.
Entries in the Prestige category are defined as:
Products that are predominately available within a “selective” distribution channel. Prestige outlets include, but are not limited to: Department Stores, Spas, Salons, Specialty Stores, (e.g. Space NK ) and QVC. They do NOT include a mass grocer or chain chemist/pharmacy retailer.
Entries in the Mass category are defined as:
Products that are predominately available within a “mass” a distribution channel. Mass outlets include, but are not limited to: Chain chemist/pharmacy stores, grocers, supermarkets and the internet.
All entries must be available for purchase in the UK in £ sterling.
BATH & BODY
Body products which are applied to the skin in the shower or bath. This includes cleansers, exfoliators, treatment shave, bath beads, bath oils. Or treatment products specifically designed for the body. This includes moisturisers, firming/cellulite creams, sprays/ splashes/mists. Products can be scented or unscented. This category does not include neck products, which are considered part of Face or hand/foot/nail products which have their own category.
EVERYDAY FACIAL SKINCARE
Products that are designed for use on the facial (including neck) area everyday (not treatment) and includes items such as: Moisturisers, Cleansers, Toners, Scrubs, BB Creams.
Products that have a “treatment” nature i.e may not be used everyday. This includes: Serums, Masks, Capsules, Exfoliators/Scrubs, Eye Treatment (without colour), Anti-Ageing Products, Acne Treatments
Hair shampoo products designed specifically to cleanse the scalp or hair. Hair conditioning products designed specifically to condition hair follicles. Hair Styling Products designed specifically to shape hair (Mousse, Gels, etc.). Also, hair sprays designed to keep hair in place and/or add shine. Hair Colouring Products that deposit either permanent or semi-permanent colour on the hair. Their primary purpose is to colour the hair, including enhancing shampoos, conditioners or styling products.
Products primary usage must be makeup (not treatment)
Face Product: designed specifically to provide face coverage or contouring through matching skin tone shades (i.e. Foundation, Powder, Blush and Concealer).
Eye Product: designed specifically to emphasise the eye area through a variety of shade choices (i.e. Eye Shadow, Eye Liner, Mascara, Eye Brow Liners/Shapers)
Lip Product: designed to provide colour or shine to the lips (i.e. Lip Colour, Lip Liner and Lip Gloss).
CLASSIC BEAUTY PRODUCT
A product that has been on the market for at least 5 years i.e. from December 2007.
Any skincare product designed exclusively for men, including facial moisturisers, cleansers, scrubs, treatment shave, hair, and body products.
MEN’S & WOMEN’S FRAGRANCE
Product with single function of delivering fragrance. Bath or body products with scent should not be entered in this category. (See bath & body categories)
A brand launched no longer than 3 years ago. ie after 31st December 2009
CERTIFIED ORGANIC SKINCARE
All products entering this category will be required to send to CEW(UK) proof of their organic certification
SELF-TAN OR SUN
Includes sun protection, tanning or self-tanning products. Products designed specifically for in sun, self-tanning and after-sun use including skincare lip products with SPF.
HAND, FOOT AND NAIL
Products designed specifically for the hands, feet or nails. This includes hand creams, foot creams, nail treatments and nail lacquers.
A brand that was founded and is headquartered in the UK.
Categories and submission criteria defined by The NPD Group
COST TO ENTER PRODUCTS
Entry fee for payment online £165 +VAT (£198.00) per entry.
Entry fee for products that require to be invoiced (inclusive of admin fee) £185 +VAT (£222.00)
3rd December 2012 - Final deadline for entry
Please note no entries can be accepted after this date
Entries can be made on-line ONLY. You will be required to enter a description about the product (50 words max). A picture must also be uploaded as a jpeg file (300dpi), minimum 500 pixels wide or 500 pixels high and saved for web use. Entries will not be accepted by the website without the product visual.
In addition two full sized products should be sent, and a high res jpeg of each entry (300 dpi minimum) should be sent/emailed by 3rd December to Allie May email: email@example.com CEW(UK), Rankin House, 139-143 Bermondsey Street, London SE1 3UW .
Please note it is the responsiblity of the Brand to ensure that all product details are entered correctly online and to advise CEW (UK) should the packaging, or details of the product, change at any stage of the Beauty Awards after it has been entered on-line. CEW(UK) cannot be responsible for any errors regarding product description, product image or price.
CEW(UK) 2013 BEAUTY AWARDS PRODUCT DEMONSTRATION EVENING
26th February 2013, Level 2, Olympia 2, Olympia Exhibition Centre, Hammersmith Road, London W14 8UX 6:30pm-7:30pm.
This is mandatory for all products entered into the Beauty Awards. Each product entry must be showcased and available for sampling. One staff member (demonstrator) per product must also be available, as well as luxury size samples, or full size products, for members to take away and test. CEW(UK) recommends a minimum quantity of 200.
CEW(UK) 2013 BEAUTY AWARDS WINNERS’ ANNOUNCEMENT LUNCH
Friday 26th April 2013, The InterContinental, London Park Lane, W1
All finalists must have a representative attending the Awards' Luncheon.
Who can vote?
Only CEW (UK) members whose membership is in good standing are eligible to vote. After the Product Demonstration Evening members will have three weeks to cast their ballot online.
Who tabulates the vote?
Tabulations will be done by NSM Research and the ballot will be independently reviewed by Ernst &Young.
For further information, please contact Allie May E: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7940 2900