CEW(UK) Mentoring Event- Tracey Woodward, Commercial Director, Urban Retreat.
AN ENTREPRENEUR IN A CORPORATE ENVIRONMENT
On December 6th CEW(UK) were delighted to welcome, Tracey Woodward, Commercial Director at Urban Retreat. Tracey spoke about how, as an entrepreneur, she has managed to succeed in an industry that is very corporate. She talked about her career and her last six years at Urban Retreat and how the ‘super salon’ has evolved.
Tracey started off working life in beauty in 1983 on the Clinique counter. She then quickly moved up the ranks of the beauty industry to become Commercial Director of the world’s first super salon the Urban Retreat, Harrods.
Tracey has also set up the award winning East Dulwich Deli with husband Tony. Observing a niche in the market, the East Dulwich Deli has gone from strength to strength, most recently opening their third deli in Wandsworth. In 2003 they also founded the Born and Bread Bakery which supplies over a 100 delis and restaurants within the M25.
With her determination to succeed in which ever venture she chooses to undertake, Tracey is at her best when nurturing her enthusiasm for all things beauty. She is inspired to source the most luxurious, innovative and results-driven brands, techniques and treatments the world of beauty has to offer; whilst nurturing smaller brands within Hammer Holdings - this is why the Urban Retreat is known as the ultimate beauty destination.
And here are Tracey's Ten Secrets to Success...
- Read every magazine & supplement you can your hands on.
- Inspect what you expect & correct
- Get a great mentor
- Listen & talk to everyone in & around your business
- Don't be put off by tomorrow, fix everything you can today
- Remember that procrastination is the thief of time
- Common sense isn't all that common!
- Don't be threatened by your staff – their success is your success
- Join CEW (UK) and attend their Mentoring Events
- Charm will always win over intelligence
CEW (UK)’s Mentoring Series - where leading women offer insights into beauty industry issues and inspiration for professional growth.
CEW(UK) would like to thank their hosts for the event:
< Recent events list